Highbrow for Educators
Highbrow can be used in the classroom and at home! We have worked from first principles to create an engaging and educational child experience, with input at every step from teachers, researchers, and educational experts.
We also work with schools and nurseries to provide curriculum-tailored video content (e.g. EYFS in the UK).
Research & Efficacy
We know how important it is for educators to make use of proven, well-researched tools and techniques; we hold ourselves, our partners, and our creator community to the exact same rigorous standards. Many Highbrow creators are leading educators and academics in their own right, and have been repeatedly recognised for their contributions to the field.
Along with our own whitepaper outlining Highbrow's educational positioning and goals, we have listed below papers and articles that define and analyse educational techniques used across Highbrow.
As well as guiding Highbrow as a whole, this includes studies which have been instrumental to the proven success of Little Pim, Aiko & Egor, BookBox, and many more.
- Looking at Second Language Acquisition from a Functional- and Structural MRI Background - M. van den Noort, P. Bosch, K. Hugdahl (University of Bergen)
- How the Music Center Enhances Children's Development - J. Bullard
- Signing with Babies and Children: A Summary of Research Findings for Parents and Professionals - C. Vallotton (Michigan State University)
- A quasi-experiment examining the impact of educational cartoons on Tanzanian children - D. Borzekowski (University of Maryland)
- How Children Learn a Second Language - L. Halgunseth (University of Connecticut)
- Can Preschool Children Be Taught a Second Language? - Jeanette Vos
- Age of first bilingual language exposure as a new window into bilingual reading development - I. Kovelman, S. Baker, L. Pettito (University of Toronto)
- The Benefits of Music Education - Laura Lewis Brown
- An introduction to Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) - D. Coyle, P. Hood, D. Marsh (University of Aberdeen)
- Early Language Learning for All: Examination of a Prekindergarten French Program in an Inclusion Setting - M. Regalla, H. Peker (University of Pittsburgh)
- AniBooks for Early Grade Reading - N. Shah
- Early Start Denver Model for young children with autism: Promoting language, learning, and engagement - S. Rogers, G. Dawson
- The STAR Program (Strategies for Teaching based-on Autism Research) - J. Arick, R. Falco, L. Ioos, D. Krug (Portland State University)
- The power of music: its impact on the intellectual, social and personal development of children and young people - S. Hallam (Institute of Education, University of London)
- The Impact of an Educational Media Intervention to Support Children's Early Learning in Rwanda - D. Borzekowski, A. Lando, S. Olsen, L. Giffen (University of Maryland)
Try Highbrow in Your Classroom
If you are interested in accessing 12,000+ videos that are educational and curated, please fill this form and we'll get back to you with a free trial.
If you have any questions, you can get in touch at email@example.com